Release from the Williams Family

Coronavirus-Covid 19 April 24, 2020

We have all been waiting to hear what Gov. Whitmer will require for the next steps in our battle against the COVID19 Pandemic. With today’s announcement that phase one will not begin until after May 15th, we regret to announce that the 2020 Owosso Speedway Race Season will be delayed until further notice.

We are closely following the guidance and will wait until we have the clear to race before posting our plans for the season. In the background, we are working every day to be ready to open as soon as we have the green light to do so. Our vision at this point is to have a couple Test and Tunes before the first race. We know that drivers have been working on their cars and want to take them out for a test run or two before they are in the heat of the race.

The decision to delay the 2020 Race Season was not an easy one to make. First and foremost, for all our Owosso Speedway Families and Fans, we look at safety both on and off the track. We understand this may be a different looking season when we get to gather. Until then, let us all Stay Safe and Stay Healthy! We hope to see you soon. Thank you for your understanding. Keep checking the website for further announcements.

Filed Under: Featured,Latest News